The school grant round for 2021 is now open for applications to support National Science Week events run by schools. All Australian schools from preschool to senior secondary are eligible to apply.
Grants of up to $500 are available to:
- conduct a STEM-related activity or event during National Science Week (14-22 August);
- focus on the impact STEM has on our lives, our economy, our society and our world; and
- involve your class, school or even your neighbouring school/s and wider community.
The applications will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Likely impact of proposed activity on student learning outcomes in STEM.
- Contribution to the ongoing and increased student participation and engagement in school STEM programs.
- Practicality and scope of proposed activity.
- Potential for parent and/or community and/or neighbouring school/s involvement.
Applications close on 2 April. More information and the application form are available from the Australian Science Teachers Association (ASTA).
The school grant round is conducted by the Australian Science Teachers Association and the funding is provided by the Australian Government.