The Queensland National Science Week Co-ordinating Committee will award up to $10 000 to develop a launch for National Science Week in Queensland.
The event must be held on Friday 15 or Saturday 16 August.
The launch should be aimed at a wider community rather than a single organisation.
The Queensland Minister for Science has traditionally launched National Science Week in Queensland. Your launch event should be designed to allow the Minister’s participation. Please note that the committee cannot guarantee the attendance of the Minister.
When preparing your budget, please note that National Science Week funds cannot be used to pay for the time of in-house staff. You may charge people to access the launch but you will be required to provide some free tickets to VIPs and volunteers. The exact number can be negotiated with the National Science Week Queensland committee.
Grant recipients will be required to:
- Attend meetings of the National Science Week Queensland Co-ordinating Committee, either in person or via teleconference
- Register the launch on the National Science Week website;
- Acknowledge funding support by ensuring the National Science Week logo appears on event material;
- Display National Science Week signage provided by the Queensland committee at your event;
- Complete budget acquittal forms;
- Complete the online evaluation process established by National Science Week using information collected from feedback forms at the event. Original forms to be submitted with your report;
- Provide digital images and/or video of your activity to help National Science Week showcase successful grant-supported events.
How to apply
Successful applicants will be notified of the results by 30 April, 2014. The Queensland committee reserves the right not to award a launch grant if no suitable application is submitted.
Payment of 30 per cent (30%) of the grant will be made upon receipt of a valid tax invoice, 40 per cent (40%) upon supplying final details of the event and 30 per cent (30%) once the event organiser has completed post-event reporting and evaluation. The Queensland committee will assist in promoting the launch.