Join in the Sydney Science FestivalNational Office
Calling all science and technology workers, thinkers, teachers and innovators: If you are considering producing a science-based or themed event, talk, workshop, forum or exhibition between 7–19 August, 2018, we invite you to be part of Sydney Science Festival. Expressions of interest are now open until 13 April 2018.
Now in its fourth year, Sydney Science Festival is city-wide celebration of science that is produced by the Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences (MAAS) and the Australian Museum in partnership with Inspiring Australia (NSW), as part of National Science Week.
The Festival aims to encourage an interest in science among the public, and provides opportunities to highlight Sydney’s scientific credentials and foster partnerships between the community, research organisations and industry. It brings together science organisations throughout Sydney and supports them in the production of diverse science-themed events for people across the community.
In 2017, the Festival attracted more than 70 000 people to 180 events, hosted by 60 program partners. Almost 600 scientists and researchers participated in the events city-wide. Promotion of Sydney Science Festival generated over $800 000 worth of media value, almost 150 000 twitter impressions, more than 7000 Facebook likes and over 300 000 website views.
Sydney Science Festival’s events, venues and producers are diverse: research institutions, museums, universities, theatres, community groups, libraries, galleries, and businesses (both small and large). Venues have included Sydney Opera House, Mount Annan Botanic Gardens, Chatswood Library, Sydney Olympic Park, Marrickville Town Hall, Australian Technology Park and Parramatta Park.
HOW TO JOIN US THIS YEAR
- Expressions of interest are now open until 13 April 2018
- Check that your event meets the selection criteria in the areas of relevance, quality, engagement potential and feasibility. In return there are many benefits to being part of this exciting festival.
- Read the EOI How to Guide to help guide you through the application process
- Register for a Sydney Science Festival login and submit your event before 13 April.
- Contact us to discuss any aspect of your submission.
We look forward to reading about your proposed events!