The Queensland National Science Week Co-ordinating Committee will award up to $10 000 to develop a launch for National Science Week in Queensland.
The event must be held on Friday 12 or Saturday 13 August 2016.
The launch should be aimed at a wider community rather than a single organisation.
The Queensland Minister for Science has traditionally launched National Science Week in Queensland. Your launch event should be designed to allow the Minister’s participation. Please note that the committee cannot guarantee the attendance of the Minister at the time of application.
When preparing your budget, please note that National Science Week funds cannot be used to pay for the time of in-house staff. You may charge people to access the launch but you will be required to provide some free tickets to VIPs. The exact number can be negotiated with the National Science Week Queensland committee.
Grant recipients will be required to:
- Attend meetings of the National Science Week Queensland Co-ordinating Committee, either in person or via teleconference
- List the launch on the National Science Week website;
- Acknowledge funding support by ensuring the National Science Week logo appears on event material;
- Display National Science Week signage provided by the Queensland committee at your event;
- Complete project evaluation and budget acquittal forms;
- Provide National Science Week feedback forms at the launch to be submitted with your report;
- Provide images or video of the event to help National Science Week showcase successful grant-supported events.
How to apply
Successful applicants will be notified by Friday 22 April, 2016. Payment of 80 per cent of the grant will be made upon receipt of a valid tax invoice and 20 per cent once the event organiser has completed post-event reporting and evaluation. The Queensland committee will assist in promoting the launch.