There were over 160 National Science Week events in Tasmania in 2013 and to continue this celebration of science in 2014, the National Science Week seed grant round for Tasmanian events is now open.
The Tasmanian National Science Week Coordinating Committee is offering seed grants of $500 (inc. GST) to organisations* wishing to offer a NEW event, activity or program that engages the general public in science during National Science Week, 16 – 24 August 2014 in Tasmania.
How to apply
Brief applications (two A4 pages maximum) must include the following:
- Organisation name, applicant name, contact details and position of applicant;
- An overview of the project aims and expected outcomes;
- Details of how the project will be delivered;
- A brief budget detailing proposed expenditure of the grant and any in-kind costs being supplied by the organisation (eg. staffing);
Applications for seed grants should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Grant applications opened on Monday 3 March and will close on Monday 28 April. Judging by the Co-ordinating Committee and notification of successful applicants will occur by Monday 19 May.
What if your event is funded?
Successful applicants will be paid upon receipt of a valid tax invoice, including your organisation’s ABN, to CSIRO (email CSIROeducationTAS@csiro.au).
You’ll also need to:
- List your event/s on the National Science Week website by Friday 18 July;
- Acknowledge funding support by ensuring the National Science Week/Inspiring Australia logos appears on all event material;
- Provide images or video of your event/s to help National Science Week showcase local successful grant-supported events;
- Complete a brief report outlining your project outcomes accompanied by an itemised expenditure spreadsheet and submitted to the Tasmanian National Science Week Co-ordinating Committee by Friday 26 September 2014.
Media: Successful applicants will be assisted with promotion of their event/s by the Tasmanian National Science Week Media Manager Jenni.Klaus@utas.edu.au
Queries: Please email email@example.com
*Organisations who have received National Science Week national funding in 2014 are not eligible to apply.