Update: this round is now closed.
The Victorian National Science Week Coordinating Committee invite libraries, community organisations and individuals to apply for seed funding to run a public event, activity or program during National Science Week (14-22 August) in 2021.
Grants are up to $1000 each (GST free). Public library services may apply for multiple grants, provided separate grant applications are submitted, and the applications are for events occurring at different locations.
Feel free to get creative! Previously, National Science Week has featured workshops, lectures, demonstrations, exhibitions, festivals, competitions and film screenings, but as long as your proposed event meets the eligibility criteria below we would love to hear about it.
Who can apply?
Applications are open to libraries, community organisations and individuals who would like to create and present a public event during National Science Week highlighting and celebrating the contribution science makes to our society because science is for everyone.
Please note: these grants are for public engagement and are not for supporting school events.
- Events will preferably take place in Science Week, 14-22 August 2021, but may take place within a week either side of National Science Week.
- Events must take place in Victoria (regional events will be prioritised).
- Events must be open to the general public.
- This grant scheme is for public libraries, community organisations and individuals only.
- Public library services may apply for multiple grants, provided separate grant applications are submitted, and the applications are for events occurring at different locations.
- Due to the limited availability of funding, the costs of salaries, capital equipment and catering are unlikely to be funded.
- The budget template must be included in the application.
How to apply
To apply, read the eligibility requirements, and complete the online application form by 15 February 2021. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by mid-April.
For more information email or call 03 9663 5259.