Get your school involved in National Science Week
2013 Schools theme
The National Science Week theme for schools in 2013 is A Century of Australian Science, inspired by the centenary of Canberra, the national capital.
There are grants of up to $500 available for preschools, primary schools and high schools to help them to hold National Science Week events. Applications close on 26 April 2013. See the ASTA website for more details.
There are a variety of ways you can get your students, class, year level, school and community involved in National Science Week.
Your participation can be as simple as a display in the school library, or as complex as a whole-school science fair. A National Science Week event should:
- be fun for the participants
- be focused on quality science outcomes
- be supportive of your science curriculum
- encourage the participants to want to try more science
- raise the general profile of science within the community