Women in STEM Conference at Melbourne Zoo (all schools)
Females are drastically underrepresented in STEM subjects and jobs across the planet – let’s change that! On the eve of National Science Week 2019, educate and inspire your Year 7–10 students by connecting with real-world STEM mentors and case studies. This conference is especially for secondary schools.
|When:||Friday, August 2 2019. 9:30 AM to 2:00 PM|
Download event for your calendar
Elliott Avenue, Parkville, VIC, 3052
|Topic:||Environment and nature, Health and medical, Innovation and technology|
|Cost:||$19 per student (normal Zoo entry). Free for any accompanying teachers and adults.|
Women in STEM: Future Careers, 21st Century Skills and Role Models
Females are drastically underrepresented in STEM subjects and jobs across the planet – let’s change that! On the eve of National Science Week 2019, educate and inspire your Year 7–10 students by connecting with real-world STEM mentors and case studies. This conference is especially for secondary schools and hosted by Zoos Victoria and girledworld at Melbourne Zoo.
Through hands-on activities, guest speakers and reflection, this conference will explore:
- Female STEM mentors and role models
- Real-world case studies of women in STEM
- The role of STEM in the future of work
- How STEM subjects and courses can lead to future STEM education and careers
- How personal strengths, skills and experience can be translated to STEM study and careers
Students will walk away from this conference inspired, educated and excited by relatable real-world STEM mentors. They will also tap into their learning, skills and interests to explore their place in STEM.
This program links to Victorian Curriculum Level 7–10:
- Design and Technologies – Technologies and Society
- Science – Science as a Human Endeavour
- Personal and Social Capability – Development of Resilience, Collaboration
- Critical and Creative Thinking – Questions and Possibilities
Capacity: Each school is welcome to bring up to 15 students in Years 7 – 10.
Note: Vegetarian morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea are provided for attending teachers. Students are to bring their own rubbish-free lunch.
Kirsty CostaZoos VictoriaEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone: 1300 966 784
See more at:https://www.zoo.org.au/whats-on/education