Regional STEM Pop-up
Primary and high school students from Marlborough and the surrounding area will attend a two-day Regional STEM Pop-up event at the Brolga Theatre and Convention Centre and numerous schools across the regional city.
|When:||Tuesday, August 13 2019 till Wednesday, August 14 2019. 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM|
Download event for your calendar
|Where:||Brolga Theatre and Convention Centre|
5 Walker Street, Maryborough, QLD, 4650
More than 2500 students from 19 schools from Maryborough and the surrounding towns have registered to attend the Regional STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) Pop-up event. Many of the primary and high school students will participate in two or three sessions over the two days. List of activities:
- drone training – Ace Aviation
- entrepreneurship education – STEM Punks
- coding and robotics training – Junior Engineers & Building Block Studio
- 3 virtual reality experiences – STEM Punks, Central Queensland University & CoralWatch
- street science show – Central Queensland University
- space science activity – It’s Rocket Science
- science-based musical theatre show – HeapsGood Productions (Professor Flint)
- speed science – similar to speed dating where students talk to up 6 young STEM professionals from the Flying Scientists program
- design your own science board game online – STEAM Galaxy Studios
- Indigenous science – TECKnology Indigenous Corporation
The purpose of the Regional STEM Pop-up is to celebrate National Science Week and build student interest in STEM subjects and careers as well as increase community engagement with scientists and in science-based activities.
The event is hosted by the Office of the Queensland Chief Scientist in partnership with the Department of Education and the Fraser Coast Regional Council.
Helen ThompsonOffice of the Queensland Chief ScientistEmail: email@example.comPhone: 07 3215 3770