Festival of Bright Ideas 2019
The 2019 Festival of Bright Ideas is exploding with science for all your senses. See, hear and feel what’s happening in science in Tasmania through innovation, research and technology – plus you’ll discover science alive in some of the most unexpected places!
|When:||Saturday, August 10 2019. 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM|
Download event for your calendar
|Where:||Princes Wharf 1|
Castray Esplanade, Hobart, TAS, 7000
|Topic:||Archaeology and antiquity, Human body and movement, Energy and transport, Environment and nature, Health and medical, Space and astronomy, Innovation and technology|
|Cost:||Under 18: FREE; Adult: $10; Family (2 x adult): $15|
DISCOVER. LEARN. EXPLORE. HAVE FUN. A warehouse full of science experiences, including mind-blowing shows, workshops, tours and an endless array of interactive activities.
- The science of bubbles
- How to join a real wedge tailed eagle research team as a citizen scientist.
- Walk through the streets of Hobart Town in the 1820s or tour a far-away city using virtual reality.
- Is there more to cats than eating and sleeping?
- Why and how are drones are used to collect data both above and below ground?
- How to code a robot and control the movement of an animated character with your voice.
- How we use science to find solutions for Hobart’s traffic congestion.
- What does a garden ecosystem look like through the eyes of an insect?
- Understand the chemistry of colour and contribute to a festival masterpiece.
- How has Tasmania’s flora, fauna and landscape have changed over the last 100 000 years?
- What secrets are hidden in Antarctica’s ice and snow?
- and more.
Sarah BayneEmail: Sarah.Bayne@utas.edu.auPhone: 03 6226 2716
See more at:www.festivalofbrightideas.com.au