Join us as we officially launch National Science Week and the special ‘Science Saving Lives’ forum.
Following the official launch of Science Week, stay online for a very special event that will take you behind the scenes of Australia’s COVID response. Our expert panel will reveal how maths and science expertise has helped to save lives, guide strategy, and keep many more Australians safe.
Our forum 'Science Saving Lives – The Stories Behind Australia’s COVID Success' is a free public event.
Joining Science & Technology Australia CEO Misha Schubert in conversation will be:
- Professor Allen Cheng, Director of the Infection Prevention and Healthcare Epidemiology unit at Alfred Health;
- Dr Deb Eagles, Deputy Director, Australian Centre for Disease Preparedness at the CSIRO in Geelong;
- Dr Kudzai Kanhutu, Superstar of STEM, infectious diseases physician, telehealth clinical lead and Deputy Medical Information Officer at the Royal Melbourne Hospital;
- Professor James McCaw, Professor of Mathematical Biology at the University of Melbourne; and
- Professor Paul Young, Professor of Virology and Head of School (School of Chemistry & Molecular Biosciences) at the University of Queensland who heads the team working on one of the leading contenders for a COVID vaccine.
Stream the event direct on YouTube from 11am AEST Friday 14 August.