Join us for National Science Week activities to celebrate the Great Barrier Reef, science, and launch of the Citizen Science challenge with the ultimate 1st prize holiday adventure to Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef, hosted by master-reef guides teaming with Reef Today filmmakers.
August 13: Celebratory Launch
- Launch event - online (plus in-person options: Brisbane; Cairns; Port Douglas)
- Special guests include reef-loving scientists, reef-guides, and filmmakers - sharing their stories, images, science, and adventures - including with citizen scientists
- Learn about the "Virtual Reef Diver" citizen science challenge - which you can join to help protect the reef, learn new skills and knowledge, and possibly win awesome prizes (for the top citizen science adults and the best Queensland school class) - including the 1st prize ultimate holiday adventure to the Great Barrier Reef
- RSVP: eventbrite.com
August 14-22: Citizen Science Challenge
- Visit Virtual Reef Diver to register* for the National Science Week Citizen Science Challenge. [*Teachers, please also include emails for class participants].
- Help our reef scientists and managers by classifying reef images, for improved coral reef cover modelling and predictions for reef health
- The category winners, determined by factors including the number, accuracy, and difficulty of classifications during National Science Week, will be announced August 23