Meet a diverse group of amazing Canberran women working in or inspired by science, tech, engineering, art and maths (STEAM).
These interesting people are anything but ‘boring scientists’ or 'wacky artists'. They have:
- taught hundreds of children how to fly drones
- created a balloon show to introduce the concept of genetics to children
- sparked the start of a Canberra tribe of art-robots
- used their engineering expertise to protect Australia.
Canberra Women of Science and Art will involve three separate events, catering for all ages and with different levels of hands-on activities:
- Wednesday 17 August 12:30pm-1:30pm: Lunchtime fireside chat @ Canberra Innovation Network (adults + kid-friendly)
- Friday 19 August 10:30am-11:30am: Little people & families @ Woden Library (0-5 age + families/carers, all ages)
- Sunday 21 August 10:30am-12:30am: All-ages workshops @ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science (all ages).
- The events (in part or full) may be photographed or recorded.
- By participating you are required to follow COVID-19 safety guidelines and to be respectful of others.
This event is hosted by Claire Harris from Innovate Communicate. With thanks to our sponsors and partners: Inspiring the ACT (supported through National Science Week grant), Libraries ACT, Canberra Innovation Network, ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science, SheMaps and Double Helix.