The Sapphire Coast Marine Discovery Centre is multi-faceted, comprising a Marine Education and Research Centre, together with a Marine Discovery Centre, at the Wharf Building in Snug Cove, Eden.
Displays in the Centre include:
- aquariums with exciting local species
- touch tank – get up close and personal with a sea star and anemone
- theatrette showcasing locally produced marine videos
- games and activities for pre-school and primary school students
- microscopes, hands on displays and information on the biology and geology of the Sapphire Coast
- guided tours with a qualified marine guide
- theme-based exhibits and talks
- stunning surrounds, including Eden’s fishing fleet, beautiful beaches and cafes.
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 10.30am to 2.30pm
School Holidays – Tuesday to Saturday 10.00am to 3.00pm
Admission fees apply. Special arrangement can be made for groups of 10 or more.
Photo: Cheryl Moore (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0)