Science Open Season @ Queen Victoria Art Gallery
It’s all about LIGHT! Science Open Season 2015 at City of Launceston’s Queen Victoria Museum and the Queen Victoria Art Gallery will be light-filled and action packed.
|When:||Thursday, August 13 2015 till Sunday, August 23 2015. 5:30 PM to 4:00 PM|
|Where:||Queen Victoria Art Gallery|
2 Wellington Street, Launceston, TAS, 7250
|Topic:||Human body and movement, Energy and transport, Environment and nature, Health and medical, Space and astronomy, Innovation and technology|
Science and art join forces during National Science Week. Come to the Queen Victoria Art Gallery to see the results.
- the magical ‘Light the Night’ exhibition of lanterns made by school children who carefully carried them in the Lantern Walk along the banks of the Tamar River.
- Instagram your photos inspired by the theme ‘Lights on Launceston’ – #city_launceston #qvmag #lightsonlaunceston and see them projected on the Art Gallery on 20 August.
- Just what is chiaroscuro?
- There’s a camera the size of a ROOM – a camera obscura.
- Watch the glow of our Community Collector’s uranium glass.
- Explore the art gallery at NIGHT by glowstick!
- Marvel at how millionaire engineer Tim Jenison spend four year creating a near-perfect copy of a 17th Century masterpiece in special school screenings of ‘Tim’s Vermeer’ (2013).
There is serious arty science, magical things, learning and lots of fun. Come along, one and all!
Bookings OfficerQueen Victoria Art GalleryEmail: Bookings@qvmag.tas.gov.auPhone: 03 6323 3798